About Me

My photo
Welcome! I'm honored to announce that I am no longer a first year teacher, but officially a more experienced SECOND year teacher. However, it is my first year in fifth (hence the title of this blog). I am very excited, and very nervous, about teaching the "big kids". Read to find out my thoughts and reflections as I document my journey as a year two full-time teacher!

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I love Love.

"Moral disapproval alone is an improper basis on which to deny rights to gay men and lesbians. The evidence shows conclusively that Proposition 8 enacts, without reason, a private moral view that same-sex couples are inferior to opposite-sex couples," [Chief U.S. District Judge Vaughn] Walker wrote.

Judge Walker pretty much hits the nail on the head here, in my opinion. I am so glad that someone came to their senses and realized that the decision made by the majority of Californians nearly 2 years ago was entirely unconstitutional and essentially hateful. I don't really have anything to add to the quote above, or the video below, which is a speech given by Keith Olbermann that I 100% agree with. I'm so glad that my belief in people wanting to love each other, rather than hate, has been revived. <3




[If you would like to read the full conclusion written by the judge, click below]
http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i//MSNBC/Sections/NEWS/A_U.S.%20news/Life/gaymarriage.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment