About Me

My photo
Welcome! I'm honored to announce that I am no longer a first year teacher, but officially a more experienced SECOND year teacher. However, it is my first year in fifth (hence the title of this blog). I am very excited, and very nervous, about teaching the "big kids". Read to find out my thoughts and reflections as I document my journey as a year two full-time teacher!

Monday, November 23, 2009

Happy Happy, Joy Joy

I have been in such a wonderful mood for the past weekish...which is definitely a 180 degree turn from how I felt about two weeks ago (see previous posts). I will now list some of the reasons//events from the last few days that have really made me happy and stress freeeee :]

1. Passing score on TPA 2. 2 down, 2 to go. I feel closer to the finish line and I'm slightly relieved.
2. Awesome 2nd observation. My supervisor&teacher are sooo supportive and encouraging, which is exactly what I needed after my what seemed to be a never ending bad mood.
3. Thanksgiving Break started last Friday. I think that's pretty self-explanatory.

4. Arthur's birthday soiree. Syrah wine bar was so cool! It was hidden underground, small, and had good happy hour prices//deliiiiiiiicious sangria :] And obviously it was so good to see my bestie and celebrate her 22nd. Sidenote: Stingaree for free was legit too. Singing Journey at the top of your lungs with your favorite people never gets old.

Super cute over-sized chairs
5. Sleepy Saturday. Literally did nothing until about 5:30 pm. Slept, lounged, napped, showered, then had a dinner party. Haven't had a day like that in foreverrrrrr and it was so fantastical!
6. Gingerbread milkshake. Red Robin. SO worth the $5.
7. Bubb's 'husky kid' story, and watching the boy almost spew his beer. I love//miss random quality friend time.
8. Charger games. Not at the Perkins res this week, but it was fun to bbq and such in hidden meadows. And the Raiders and Chargers won. Good day.
9. Modern Family. New favorite show. Thank you Arthur for the recommendation and bebe for watching it with me. Suuuuper funny!


10. 3 nights of sleepovers. Stupid school took away my Sunday nights...but not this week!
11. Stomp. Suuuuch an amazing production. I really wanna see it in person now...someday!!
12. E-Bar with Thing 1 :] $7 dinner//drinks + catching up after not seeing each other for at leeeeeeast 2 months + awesome conversation//getting weird looks from the old couple next to us = classic. Love you girl!!
 

13. And tomorrow: lunch @ souplantation with the twinsyy :] Very excite!

2 comments:

  1. um, i just put up the Christmas tree in our room this weekend and it definitely is home to the Thing 1 ornament. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i had totally forgotten about those nicknames until i had to think of one for you so i could talk about you in my blog haha so awesome :]]

    ReplyDelete