About Me

My photo
Welcome! I'm honored to announce that I am no longer a first year teacher, but officially a more experienced SECOND year teacher. However, it is my first year in fifth (hence the title of this blog). I am very excited, and very nervous, about teaching the "big kids". Read to find out my thoughts and reflections as I document my journey as a year two full-time teacher!

Sunday, November 15, 2009

SRF

On Saturday, I finally had a day with absolutely nooothing to do. AND it was a gorgeous day. So I decided that I wanted to visit the Meditation Gardens in Encinitas. They're maintained by Self-Realization Fellowship, the church I used to attend frequently, but they're open to the public Tuesday-Saturday 9-5 and Sunday 11-5. It was just what I needed. I miss going there every Sunday after church and walking around with my family. They're so beautiful and peaceful. They calmed me and made me reflect on my spirituality, life, and goals. It was just a wonderful hour spent with the boy and friends, but really it felt like I was closer to God and it was so nice to feel that way again. I need to make it out there more often, especially considering how stressful things have been lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment