About Me

My photo
Welcome! I'm honored to announce that I am no longer a first year teacher, but officially a more experienced SECOND year teacher. However, it is my first year in fifth (hence the title of this blog). I am very excited, and very nervous, about teaching the "big kids". Read to find out my thoughts and reflections as I document my journey as a year two full-time teacher!

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Relief!

Aaaaahhhhhh...TPA 2 is finished and submitted! And I have the day off of school tomorrow! Hallelujah!

I don't think I've ever been soooo excited for a day off...at least not in a very, VERY long time. For some reason the kiddos have been going craaazy in class and will not behave themselves. Yes I know, they're 5. But really, they need to learn. It's driving me and my CT up a wall...so having tomorrow off is going to be so wonderful :]

After this week (which I haven't really counted as a week because of the day off, all day meeting on Thursday, and then Friday's happy!), it's one more week until Thanksgiving Break! Then only 3 more weeks and it's Christmas Break. Which means only 20 more days of school. Crazy right?! I didn't think it would ever feel like it was 'going by fast', but I'm happily surprised that it is.

It's so nice to have the TPA and one observation off my chest. My stress level has gone waaaay down, which is wonderful because I was tired of crying every day for a week straight. Not fun. This weekend should be awesome...relaxing Friday night, Swedish dinner and game night Saturday, and football Sunday! And hopefully no homework if I can get my act together and bust out my lesson design for observation 2 tomorrow. Nothing like using your day off to get ahead! It's worth it to have my weekend though.

Well, I just wanted to update this bloggy blog a little, since it was the first thing to go when I was swamped. Nothing particularly "new" has happened, but I almost feel like a new person. And I hope the feeling sticks around for a while. Until January 18th at least...

I'll leave you all with this quote that brightened my day:

"When my spiritual eyes are open, I see love coming from everyone, from everything, from everywhere."

No comments:

Post a Comment