About Me

My photo
Welcome! I'm honored to announce that I am no longer a first year teacher, but officially a more experienced SECOND year teacher. However, it is my first year in fifth (hence the title of this blog). I am very excited, and very nervous, about teaching the "big kids". Read to find out my thoughts and reflections as I document my journey as a year two full-time teacher!

Monday, March 7, 2011

Alcohol Healing Broken Hearts.

What happened to when Best Friends meant:

- trips to Ruby's on the Pier
- drinking smirnoff ice for the first time
- santa parties
- shows in El Cajon
- lingerie parties
- late night heart-to-hearts
- laying on blankets in the backyard looking at stars
- punk 80's parties
- jumping on other people's trampolines (we used to do that a lot for some reason?!)
- rope swings over creeks
- cowboy parties
- ice cream healing broken hearts
- alcohol healing broken hearts
- road trips to san fran
- late nights on the beach
- photo shoots with glasses, hoodies, and spoons
- baseball games
- del mar racetrack
- warped tour
- bonfires

When did we all grow up and start to lead totally separate,
yet eternally intertwined lives?
I don't know how long it'll take me to get used to this. 
I miss my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment