"As a temporary employee of the School District, the governing board has determined not to re-hire you in the 2011-12 school year."
Boom. In your face. No job next year. Just like that. It didn't at all surprise me that it was coming, and when I heard the news I didn't cry, nor did I take it personally. In the credential program, we all kind of had the mentality that we would definitely be pink-slipped, if we were even lucky enough to get a job in the first place.
Of course there's always the talk that the budget will go through and "we'll all get our jobs back." But I'm not so sure. Funding is tighter than ever and things look really bleak for education should Governor Brown's push for keeping the tax hikes in place doesn't go through. However, I'm trying to be hopeful and I know I'll figure something out if I really don't get my job back next year.
But I don't want to do anything else. I love my job, as you've read over and over again on this blog. I wake up wanting to go to work and not minding working for free for 45 minutes each day.
Not to mention, I've been making big plans to go to Europe and to FINALLY move out this summer. Also, I've spent about $1,000 this month on health stuff. I hate how much money controls the world and my life, but it does. Unless I find a well-paying job doing something I didn't go to school for and have no desire to do, my dreams of traveling and moving out will have to be put on hold. Worst feeling ever.
Of course, those with families and mortgages and car payments have more to worry about. It could definitely be worse for me.
Sorry to be so down in the dumps, but it's my first pink slip and I thought I would document all my thoughts and feelings. You're welcome.
P.S. It isn't even pink.

No comments:
Post a Comment