About Me

My photo
Welcome! I'm honored to announce that I am no longer a first year teacher, but officially a more experienced SECOND year teacher. However, it is my first year in fifth (hence the title of this blog). I am very excited, and very nervous, about teaching the "big kids". Read to find out my thoughts and reflections as I document my journey as a year two full-time teacher!

Monday, February 7, 2011

Blog Fail.

I've come to the realization that I only blog in 3 situations:
1) Something really EXCITING happens.
2) Something really DEVASTATING happens.
3) I'm REALLY bored.

I don't quite know what the reason is for today's blog, maybe a little of all of them, but here I am.
I'll try and break it down for you...

THE EXCITEMENT:
- The boof's got not one, but TWO, grad school interviews lined up. Can I get a woot woot!? I can't even put into words how stoked I get every time he texts me that he has another one. I feel excitement, pride, nerves, support, love. Gosh can't we just know where he's going already?!
- I still love my job. Which is quite an accomplishment. There are so many sparkly moments in my day, like the smile on my little first grader's face when he successfully segmented and blended words. Yes, that's a kinder skill, but it's hard for him. And he got it. And it was wonderful.
- I have 2 3-day weekends coming up.
- I officially got the invite to Europe's most highly-anticipated summer wedding!! No, not Will & Kate. E&F!! I cannot wait to go back to Sweden in July to see the beautiful greens and blues. Oh yeah, and my friends :]

THE DEVASTATION:
- Egypt. What the heck. I don't wanna follow anymore because it just gets sadder and sadder. All I know is I am so thankful to live in a free country, even with all its imperfections.
- Death. It feels like every day I hear another story about someone who's died. Sometimes I know the person, sometimes I don't, and sometimes they aren't even real people (okay seriously though, Off the Map was really sad last week). I've always been really good at putting myself in other people's shoes and trying to imagine how I would feel if it were me. And it breaks my heart. I couldn't imagine living without my mother, or my husband, or my child. And it amazes me every time to see people carry on and grow stronger. You all, the left behind, are my heroes. I don't ever want to see the day, but when I do, I hope I'm half as brave as you all are.

THE BOREDOM:
- I have a formal observation this week. It's the last of 3, thank goodness. It shouldn't be too intense, but it still gets the butterflies fluttering yanno?
- Everyone is pregnant. Seriously, like every week I see some new ultrasound or news feed announcement. Really!? I can't even THINK about having a kid right now. It freaks me out. Props to all you future mommies and daddies out there, geez laweez.
- I really want Sushi. Good thing V-day is coming up.
- All of my "best friends" will be out of the county in a couple weeks. It's such a weird feeling, and makes me really sad. I miss them all the time and wish we could go back to being immature high schoolers. We had it so good back then, before real life started.
- I am SO GLAD GLEE IS BACK!!!!!


Okay I'm done. Keep checking back to see if maybe another post will pop up in the next month or so. But don't hold your breath :]

1 comment:

  1. i watched my very first episode of glee today with the girls. it made me think of you. i'm glad you blogged. i'd been holding my breath since december and was starting to get a little light headed due to lack of oxygen :P love you!

    ReplyDelete