What a fabulous weekend I just had. Let me walk you through it, and please try not to be jealous.
Well it all started with a spur of the moment trip to the Chocolate & Wine Festival in downtown Esco with RHurt. We drank and ate and walked and enjoyed the sunshine. Barefoot took the cake hands down, and we all spent at least half of our tickets at their station. $20 for 10 chocolate/wine pairings was amazing. I definitely found a new favorite wine (Moscato and Sweet Red), for all of you who are looking for something new to try! It was a great way to spend the day with my BFF who's moving a whole hour away :[
Next was the Phamily Reunion in downtown SD. Everyone gathered for RKwan's bday @ the Hard Rock Hotel and got silly. I was driving, so I was sotally tober the whole night and took care of the drunkies. We hung out in the room until security scared us (me) out because they were stalking our room. I finally got everyone to leave and we headed out for a walk on the town. We ended up at Hennessy's which was SUPER fun. There was a reeeeally good cover band playing all kinds of songs (imagine: Boyce Avenue). We stayed there literally until closing and had a total blast. I always have such a great time with the Pham, and I can't WAIT til the next reunion :]
Shout House anyone??
On Sunday, the Boof and I met up with one of our favorite couples, and their little girl, for a delicious breakfast at Kono's Cafe in PB. I had the french toast/bacon and a side of Kono Potatoes and omg they were amazing. And super cheap, ftw. After we literally stuffed ourselves to the brim, we went for a walk down the coast with what felt like a million other people. Can you blame everyone for wanting to be outside in the beautiful weather we had this weekend? It was so gorgeous and the perfect temperature for a stroll. And we met some characters along the way, including the drunk man (it was 4pm mind you) who insisted we wait 2 minutes so he could bring out his beagle named Jack. As he and Millie sniffed each other's butts, drunk man sang his dog's theme song "Jack and Yellow". Needless to say, many people were added to my team's roster that day.
And to top it all off, Valentine's Day was Monday! We had a non-student day at school, so I went in and worked my 3.5 hours early and was done by 1pm. I went home, got beautiful for my bebe, and we headed downtown around 2:30. We went to RA Sushi for happy hour and it was FANTASTIC. Viva Las Vegas Roll, Tootsi Maki, Hot Sake....mmmmmm!! We ate til we couldn't eat anymore then walked it off for a bit. We stopped at Urban Outfitters and picked up suuuper cute sock monkey key covers (monKEY, get it?). They live on our keys and their names are Marley and Bruno. Awesome. We also stopped at 5 & A Dime. Their logo is a mustache and it's rad. We then made our way to Mission Beach by Belmont Park to watch the sunset (which we ended up missing) and drink some sparkling apple cider (though I would've liked some wine instead). It was the perfect day with my wonderful boyfriend who I'm so happy to have spent 3 Valentine's Day with so far <3
See? Fabulous weekend. Yes please, I'd like another.



It's only 45 minutes.. not an hour! :]
ReplyDeletemoscato is my absolute favorite! mmm. i should send you a delicious bottle of moscato d'asti. it's moscato with bubbles. omg, best.
ReplyDeleteomg andrea please do!! sounds deeeelicious.
ReplyDelete