About Me

My photo
Welcome! I'm honored to announce that I am no longer a first year teacher, but officially a more experienced SECOND year teacher. However, it is my first year in fifth (hence the title of this blog). I am very excited, and very nervous, about teaching the "big kids". Read to find out my thoughts and reflections as I document my journey as a year two full-time teacher!

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Got my gold watch and my gold chain...

Just a few "excitements" from the past few days for your reading pleasure:

-- Friday was a super easy day teaching-wise, so I was done by 1:30! I got to really start in on my book (I'd read one chapter, but that hardly counts as "reading the book"), and I have to say that it is fantastic! I got to about chapter 4, over halfway, and I can barely put it down. It's called Little Bee by Chris Cleave, who in my opinion is a wonderful writer. Anyone who can keep me turning the pages and not make me reread to clarify is a winner in my book. If you're looking for a good new read, I'd definitely recommend this one!

-- The Boof had his first interview on Friday and he made it sound like it went really well! He had an individual interview, sat in on a class, then got a tour of the campus. And he said it's only an hour and 20 minutes away (w/o traffic lol)! I can live with that :] I'm so proud; one down, three to go!!
-- We played a super fun new game called "Telestrations" on Saturday night with some friends. It's like Telephone and Pictionary. It goes a little like this: pick a word, draw it, pass it to the next person and they write their guess, then they pass it and the next person draws what was written. It's kinda confusing to explain, but really fun to play. Something entertaining for these cold, rainy nights!


-- I went President's Day sale shopping with Mama today and definitely spent too much money. But really when you think about it, I got 4 items of clothing for $30, 3 makeup thingies for $20, and an amazing, beautiful gold sparkly DKNY watch. I'm in love. Yes, I splurged, but it's allowed. Every time I look at it, I smile, and that's worth $70 I think! No, I don't need it, but it's fun and makes me feel proud of the fact that I make enough money to be okay with buying myself a nice watch. Go me :]

-- I still have tomorrow off! And fun things planned ;]

1 comment:

  1. Loved Little Bee! Did you get it from me? haha and also, love that game! We played it at MJR's Christmas party a few years back. Didn't know it was an actual game though!

    ReplyDelete