About Me

My photo
Welcome! I'm honored to announce that I am no longer a first year teacher, but officially a more experienced SECOND year teacher. However, it is my first year in fifth (hence the title of this blog). I am very excited, and very nervous, about teaching the "big kids". Read to find out my thoughts and reflections as I document my journey as a year two full-time teacher!

Saturday, April 2, 2011

April Fool's!

Yesterday was a wonderfully relaxing and productive day! I got much needed laundry done and cleaned up the kitchen before my parents come home today. I watched plenty of reality tv, went to the gym, and even did a little shopping. I made dinner for me and my brotha, when we decided it would be a wonderful idea to April Fool's my parents. Because my little brother has quite the track record (though he's doing a wonderful job of keeping his nose clean now), we decided it would be most effective to make our parents think he screwed up yet again.

(all via text)
Mom: How was your day?
Brother: Ummm good.....until I got pulled over. Speeding ticket for going 15mph over the speed limit.
Mom: 15 over!? WTF???
Brother: Yeah I know...
Mom: Well you're gonna have to look into traffic school.
(at this point i feel bad and make him call her and reveal himself...so the phone call goes...)
Brother & me: April Fool's!
Mom: hahahah omg!
Brother: Did you tell Dad? Is he freaking out?
Mom: No I was just gonna tell him when he came out of the room, I'm on the balcony...wait wait here he comes...Um, I have some bad news...
Dad: What?
Mom: Your son got pulled over today, he got a speeding ticket for going 15 over...
Dad: Great. How does that affect probation?
Mom: I dunno do you wanna talk to him? He's on the phone...here.
Dad: So what about probation??
Brother: I dunno the cop didn't say....I had some pot on me too so good thing he didn't search the car.
Dad: Yeah that is good...
Brother: Oh there's one more thing...
Dad: What?
Brother: April Fool's!!!!


Okay so that took way longer to type than I thought it would, but it was HILARIOUS at the time. If you know my brother, or my dad, or my mom, you understand how great this conversation was. Mom is so amazing for playing along, and we totally called Dad's reaction hahaha oh man!


Anyway, last night I hung out with my amazing little Guida ;) We drank wine and got ready, then met up with the rest of the group. Everyone had a super fun time dancing and drinking at Yogi's. Of course there were creepers, and unexpected guests, but at the end of the night we were all happily in love with each other!

Gotta love girl time :] xoxo

Today I woke up at 11:30, ftw. I've managed to do nothing since then, which translates to me wasting 4 hours flipping between Jersey Shore and Kim and Kourtney Take New York. Please try not to be jealous. And I don't feel guilty, because it's my spring break and I'm fully taking advantage of being able to sit in my pjs all day long.

No comments:

Post a Comment