Happy Easter everyone! I know it's a day late, but I spent all day yesterday with family, and NOT on techonology. Which was so nice (and uncommon).
The day started at a way-too-early 6am. I got up to get ready to go to, wait for it....CHURCH! Honestly, I can't tell you the last time I've been to church. I know it's been at least since high school, so that makes it about 5 years. I'm not a "you have to go to church to be close to God, spiritual, etc." type of person, so I've never made it a huge point to go, and especially not every Sunday. But for some reason this year, I felt the need to go to the sunrise Easter service. So, my Mom, the Boof (omg 1 million brownie points for this one), and I woke ourselves at 6am to make it to Encinitas by 7. It was an outdoor service and of course it was misting the entire time. But none of that mattered. Not the early rise, not the weather, not the fact that we were 5 minutes late and hence had to walk kind of far. Being there, surrounded by people who all just want to bask in the presence of something bigger than them on such a holy day, was more than enough to brighten my entire day (and week). It made me realize just how much I've missed going and hearing the teachings of Hinduism and Christianity blended so beautifully into the belief in leading a meaningful life for others. Also, having the Boof there for the first time ever (and probably only his 5th time going to any church, ever.) meant the world to me. Just the fact that he was able to see why I am the person I am a little better, and to understand me a little more deeply, is priceless. So all religiousness and mushiness aside, churching it up this Easter was the best decision I've made in a looooong time, and I'm definitely planning on making it a more frequent occurence.
Other than that, I had a BOMB breakfast with the fam (Mom, Dad, Brother, Boof, Kimbo, and me) that consisted of: veggie omelettes, strawberry/whipped cream pancakes, bacon, and mimosas. Yum yum yummy yum!! Then Brother, Boof and I watched RED which was super funny. We made our way over to the Boof's for dinner, which was also amazingly delectable, followed by hours of gaming on the Wii. I have to say that 1) it's the only gaming system I don't mind and 2) my arm is sore from 18 holes of frisbee golf. Embarassing.
Tonight is family movie night, which is super crazy because I don't remember the last time all four of us actually sat down in our living room and watched a movie together. What's playing on the big screen tonight? The Princess Bride. Believe it or not, I'm the ONLY member of my family who's seen it before, and I only saw it for the first time this year. Don't worry everyone who loves it, I'm spreading the word :)
Have a beautiful sunny April day!!

So crazy that you watched Red. I hadn't heard of it, and on Thursday night the kids had a movie night and picked that movie! I didn't watch it, but what a coincidence that you watched it this weekend :]
ReplyDeleteThe Princess Bride is my fave of all time. You're probably watching it right at this very moment. I'll close my eyes and pretend I'm there, too. "As...you...wiiiiish..." :P xoxo
ReplyDeleteN: Definitely! It's been out for a while too, that's super random.
ReplyDeleteA: It's SO funny!! "Anybody want a peanut?"