About Me

My photo
Welcome! I'm honored to announce that I am no longer a first year teacher, but officially a more experienced SECOND year teacher. However, it is my first year in fifth (hence the title of this blog). I am very excited, and very nervous, about teaching the "big kids". Read to find out my thoughts and reflections as I document my journey as a year two full-time teacher!

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Atlas - fart.

Okay so first of all, the masssage was so good! It was the chair kind, like you'd see at the mall, which I'd never had before. The hand massage part was definitely my fav. Even though it comes nowhere near the full body one I got at Glen Ivy for my birthday one year, it was free and was a great way to start my day off right!

Now, for some reason the kids have been CRAAAAZY this whole week! I dunno if it's the heat or the fact that we have the state test coming up next week and they're super burnt out from test prep (probably both), but they have been bouncing off the walls like no other. Here are a few amazing little nuggets I got from the crazies today:

1-
Teacher: Use the word 'crept' in a sentence.
Student: I crept myself. (said crept, meant crapped)
Teacher: No...crept...

2-
Teacher: For your exit slip today, please write one word that describes what an atlas is.
Student: (writes) atlas - fart.

3-
Teacher: Hi! How are you today?
Student: I have foot hair! I'm growing up!

I hope you get as much joy out of those three stories as I do. Oh children, the joy you bring to my life, especially when talking about gas, bowel movements, and body hair.

P.S. Feliz Cinco de Mayo! I don't think I'll get to go out and celebrate tonight, but I'll probably make myself a margarita when I get home. Yup, definitely gonna do that.

1 comment:

  1. Spelling check: bowel movement.

    You're welcome :]

    ReplyDelete