About Me

My photo
Welcome! I'm honored to announce that I am no longer a first year teacher, but officially a more experienced SECOND year teacher. However, it is my first year in fifth (hence the title of this blog). I am very excited, and very nervous, about teaching the "big kids". Read to find out my thoughts and reflections as I document my journey as a year two full-time teacher!

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Halloween Party #1

Last night, the boy's boss and his partner had their third annual Halloween Party in San Clemente. Seriously, their house was B-E-A-UUUUTIFUL!! Fully decorated in Halloween goodness, open bar, dj & dance floor, and catered hors d'oeuvres. They had a backyard complete with pool, jacuzzi, gazebo, bar, and patio furniture. Even their effing bathrooms were gorgeous. Anyway, when we showed up, I'm not gonna lie, there wasn't anyone under the age of 30ish, and I was a little curious as to why we were there. BUT once we'd had a few drinks and still no one was on the dance floor, the boy, Bubbs, and I got the party started by doing the good ol' electric sliiide :] Followed immediately by the cupid shuffle. Needless to say, people didn't stop dancing after our performance! The party turned out to be a lot of fun and I saw some AWESOME original costume ideas. Halloween Party #1 = successful :] Can't wait for the real deal (fingers crossed there are no fires this week!!!)








Top: My absolute favorite costume of the night. The Hangover: Alan and baby Carlos.
Middle: Pocahontas and Cowboy with a big hat. It's funny.
Bottom: The GNC crew + me + the boy's roommate + her friend. Phew!

1 comment: