About Me

My photo
Welcome! I'm honored to announce that I am no longer a first year teacher, but officially a more experienced SECOND year teacher. However, it is my first year in fifth (hence the title of this blog). I am very excited, and very nervous, about teaching the "big kids". Read to find out my thoughts and reflections as I document my journey as a year two full-time teacher!

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Wow.

"DEAR LORD, THIS YEAR YOU TOOK MY FAVORITE ACTOR, PATRICK SWAYZIE. YOU TOOK MY FAVORITE ACTRESS, FARAH FAWCETT. YOU TOOK MY FAVORITE SINGER, MICHAEL JACKSON. I JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW, MY FAVORITE PRESIDENT IS BARACK OBAMA. AMEN"

Saw this on Facebook today. Despite the fact that I cringe when people share their political, religious, or other extremely personal beliefs on a social network, I simply could not believe that anyone would "like" a quote expressing hope that our president die. So, so sad.

P.S. Whoever wrote this, you spelled Swayze wrong. Way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment